Ipsum Diagnostics is dedicated to providing exceptional services to the clients we serve. Talented, motivated and passionate individuals will be empowered and supported on their career path.
Ipsum Diagnostics supports employees by offering a comprehensive benefits package including fully paid health, vision and dental insurance, disability insurance, life, and AD&D insurance, PTO, holidays, and employee assistance programs with 24/7 resources and support to assist with professional and personal matters.
Histology Technician will receive, process and prepare patient specimens for microscopic examination and analysis by the pathologist. Proficient in processing, embedding, cutting, mounting and staining tissue according to the laboratory standards. Performs staining and cover slipping both manually and automated. Operates cutting instruments including cryostat and microtome. Prepares solutions as specified in the SOPs. Assists pathologist in gross examination of specimens. Performs routine and special procedures. Tracks inventory and works with supervisor to ensure orders are placed and fulfilled.
Thorough knowledge of histologic techniques and procedures; experienced and proficient on daily operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment. Experience working with frozen sections. Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, ability identify issues and troubleshoot. Proficient in Microsoft excel and word programs. Able to complete training and competently work within LIMS program.
3-5 years’ experience in a clinical diagnostic laboratory
ASCP HT Certification
Specimen Processor - Full Time
In accordance with the CLIA Regulations, all employees must only perform tasks that are authorized by the Laboratory Director and that are within the individual’s skill level as determined by education, training or experience, and technical abilities.
Day to day laboratory responsibilities include:
1. Receive and process patient samples into the LIMS software for testing services of the Company.
2. Provide requisition forms or other supplies to clinics related to the testing services of the Company.
3. Perform any other duties designated by Company.
Specimen Processors must:
1. Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, recording and maintaining patient records (e.g., requisition forms, send out records, storage records)
2. Adhere to laboratory policies for:
• LIMS data entry
• work area decontamination
• Fax transmission of test results
3. Follow the laboratory’s policies whenever operating systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable level of performance
4. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance and either correct the problem or notify the appropriate supervisor
• Detail Oriented
• Team player
• Proficient with data entry
• Good communication with team members
• Client focused
• Prior experience with specimen processing preferred
Ipsum Diagnostics LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.